Forge Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement is effective as of 06 June 2014.
We, the companies of Forge Holdings Pty Ltd (Forge Research Pty Ltd, Forge Data Solutions Pty Ltd and Integeo Pty Ltd), are committed to respecting the privacy of our customers. This Privacy Statement describes how we collect, use, and share personal information when we deal with you, including through our websites, web-hosted applications, web pages and/or web properties owned and operated by us ("Sites").
Where we deal with your personal information, we are governed by and comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act.
1. Collecting personal information from website visitors
In order to provide you with access to certain services or data we may require that you provide certain personal information, being any information or opinion about you or information from which you can be identified. This information may include your name, postal address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, subscriber name or screen name, password used to access our services, method of payment, and, if applicable, payment information, such as credit card number and expiration date associated with online purchases.
In addition we collect: (1) the e-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with us via e-mail, post messages to our bulletin boards or post messages to our chat groups; and (2) information provided by visitors in sales orders, registration forms, surveys, contest entries, and other submissions to us.
When you browse our website, our web server will collect the following standard information for statistical purposes:
- the IP address of the browser requesting pages or files;
- the date and time of each request;
- the pages or documents requested; and
- the type of browser used.
- This is anonymous statistical data and we use this data to evaluate our website performance. We will not try to identify users or their browsing activities except in the event of an investigation where a law enforcement agency has exercised a warrant to inspect our web logs.
2. Collecting other information
We collect personal information from you when you knowingly give us information when applying for or downloading evaluation products, purchasing goods or services or by contacting us via our website including email.
You can set your browser to provide notice whenever a cookie is received, which gives you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it or not.
4. Using personal information
We use your personal information for the purposes described above. We also use your personal information, among other things:
- to record placement of orders, requests for evaluations and downloaded software;
- to respond to evaluation applications, purchase orders or queries;
- to keep a record of our dealings with each other;
- to send you newsletters; and
- to send you notices about products and services we offer.
We will use personal information about you only
- as you consent;
- for purposes related to the reason you gave us the information for, and even then, only if you would reasonably expect us to use it; and
- in statutorily required law enforcement, public health or public safety circumstances.
5. Sharing personal information
We will not disclose any personal information about you, except
- to companies related to Forge Holdings Pty Ltd;
- to our Partners as necessary, who supply our products in your area;
- to our suppliers, as necessary and sufficient to enable them to provide product or services to you, for example your shipping address to our shipping partners.
- Personal information may also be transferred in connection with a business transition such as a merger, acquisition, insolvency, or asset sale involving any Pitney Bowes business or asset to which the information pertains. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Statement.
6. Protecting personal information
We hold your personal information in both paper-based and electronic files. We have implemented administrative procedures and installed equipment to safeguard the security and confidentiality of your information. We continually review and improve these arrangements to ensure that we are doing all that is reasonably and technically feasible at time to protect your information.
7. Visiting non-Forge websites
This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by us, including during your use of our Sites. Our Sites may contain links to other websites that operate independently from Forge. These and other websites may also reference or link to our site. Forge is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other non-Forge websites. We encourage you to be aware of the privacy statements of each and every website with which you may interact.
8. Country specific requriements
Forge is a globally focused company. This Privacy Statement establishes our global principles for the collection, use and disclosure of information. The country in which you are doing business with us may have specific requirements concerning personal information.
10. Our right to change this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our online information practices. We will indicate at the top of the statement when it was most recently updated. We recommend that you visit our Privacy Statement page whenever you visit our Sites so that you are aware of any changes.
11. Questions and complaints